Instead of using metal brackets and rubber bands, Invisalign uses plastic aligner trays to change the position of your teeth and improve your bite. One of the advantages of Invisalign is that you can more clearly see the progress of your treatment. In fact, you should begin to see changes in your smile after the first month or so.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign provides several advantages over treatment with traditional braces. These include:
- Clear aligners do not detract from your appearance
- Plastic trays are more comfortable than metal brackets
- You can remove your aligners for meals and oral hygiene
- You can more easily see the progress of your treatment
Treatment with Invisalign involves a series of clear plastic aligners, each of which is designed to move your teeth a short distance. You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks. When you change to a new set, you can see the difference in the placement of your teeth. You might not see much change after the first two weeks, but by the time you reach the second or third set, you should start to see your smile becoming straighter and more attractive.
Ensuring Great Results with Invisalign
To be sure you get the best possible results, you should follow instructions provided by your dentist. These instructions will include:
- Wear the aligners for 22 hours out of every 24, including when you are asleep
- Clean the aligners to prevent bacteria or plaque buildup
- Store the aligners in a protective case when they are removed for meals
Keeping your aligners clean and in good shape will help ensure successful treatment and avoid decay that could occur as a result of plaque buildup under the trays. With Invisalign, you’ll be able to see your smile change, but other people are likely not to realize you’re having any treatment done at all.
To learn more about Invisalign, contact Tate Family Dentistry and schedule your consultation today.